Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Homeless in San Francisco


After flying back to Cali it was time to go out and start seeing some things so I charged a road trip--couch tour that lasted 12 days with pit stops to all my homies places throughout the state. This image was from the first leg of the trip in San Francisco. Every time I come here I am always amazed by the amount of homeless people who call this city home. While pumping my gas I grabbed my camera and approach this man who had his whole life in his shopping cart. When I first saw his skateboard and his random 20" bmx wheels I knew I had to speak with him and ask for permission to photograph him. He was super soft spoken and it always rattles my brain on how so many people end up here in the same situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment